Front End Developer - React
Advise Wise CEO
Thorpe Park, Leeds
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
To develop cutting edge web-based financial services applications. You’ll be supporting development and deployment of front-end React code.
As a Front End Developer, you’ll collaborate within a team of enthusiastic, talented, hard-working designers and developers and be able to effectively communicate with the wider business and 3rd party suppliers. You’ll be organised and accustomed to working in an Agile development environment.
- Write secure and robust front-end React code for online financial web applications, including supporting the translation of design mock-ups into a fully functional web applications using HTML5/CSS3.
- Writing React code to interface dynamically between REST API’s and existing front-end design interfaces.
- Creating reusable components across micro frontends.
- A keen eye for detail including ensuring new dynamic UX elements are rigorously tested across a variety of devices.
- Development of unit tests to ensure optimal code coverage.
- Championing design and technological innovation within the web design and development team.
- Work collaboratively with a design and development team to turn ambitious concepts into reality.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required by the business.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
- Experience in commercial website design and development.
- Excellent and well-rounded web development skills.
- Love to problem solve and think outside the box.
- Enthusiasm and passion for learning new web technologies and sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques quickly.
- Displays a positive attitude & flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself and their code.
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Appreciates each team member's contributions and values each individual member.
- Responds well to the needs of the business priorities.
Skills & Experience
- Has 3+ years of experience as front-end developer.
- Excellent understanding of front-end technologies and platforms.
- Has experience when it comes to design and UX, you are able to turn designs into HTML5/CSS3 along with a great user experience.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with REST services and JSON.
- CI / CD pipelines including Docker workflows.
- Knowledge of unit testing best practices and mocking frameworks.
- Experience of responsive design development.
- Has 5+ years of experience as front-end developer.
- Degree level or studying, ideally for a Web or I.T related degree